Saturday, January 22, 2011

Why Chocolate Cravings???

The Chocolate Cravings!

As you know my blog is called Chocolate Cravings
and I guess maybe I should explain my reasoning behind that.

Originally, I was going to do a sort of,
on-line dieting blog. You know, talk about
the struggles of losing weight, maybe give a
few helpful hints, talk about the ups and downs,
form a support group and talk about the
food cravings....and if you’re a woman,
you can bet Chocolate will be one of them!

Then I decided to scrap that idea.
Seriously, who am I kidding?
At almost 48, do I really care if I look
like a model?
( I didn’t even look like one in my late teens)
....and more importantly, why should I?



I think society is already pushing our
younger generation to be "perfect"
When the show "Plain Jane" aired last fall,
I was irritated beyond reason.


The show was about, a young woman who was seen by others as "plain" and she was given a complete make over in order to get the "guy of her dreams". Are you kidding me?? Then the guy thinks she’s beautiful and they all live happily-ever-after. OMG, how wrong is that? So, let me get this right, in order to have any chance at dating a really cute guy, you have to look like the perfect model? Huh, guess I never got that memo.  And this is the line of crap we teach or young ladies to believe. Unreal.

Ok, so I’ll do another blog on the unnecessary evil of looking perfect or I’ll be here all day, lol.

So, back to Chocolate..................
Chocolate is one of the universal foods. It too is almost like the language of love. It has so many different ways of being used from candy, ice cream, hot chocolate or as a syrup, the list is long. But it’s also one of the foods that make people feel good.



If I’m having a really bad day and Rick knows it, he’ll become a partner in crime (cuz I’m sure my fluffy, womanly figure doesn’t need it) when he goes to the store or gas station and he’ll bring me home a Reeses’ peanut butter cup! You gotta love a man that knows how to make his woman feel better :)


   Hot Chocolate, just warms your soul.                            
It makes you feel all warm and cozy inside.



Chocolate ice cream is just good anytime.... like a friend that stops in unexpectedly. It’s not something you need, but if it happens to be there, it’s all good.




As for chocolate syrup, well that can be fun and we’ll just leave it at that, lol.



So, are you getting the connection between my blog title and Chocolate? It’s Universal!!

I’m hoping this blog will do for others what chocolate does for many....Make everyone feel good, laugh, smile or maybe bring some warm, needed comfort.
So everyone here’s to you! Go out and get a candy bar or eat some chocolate ice cream! Grab a cup of hot chocolate and raise it high!! Then snuggle up with some one you love!

Maybe just for today, don’t worry about if that chocolate is going to add an extra pound to the scale or care about what someone might think. Instead, just for today make yourself happy! Isn’t that the most important life lesson anyway?

                                             
 

Check back soon for my special series of Valentine Day blogs entitled
"R" rated with Jen..... that should pique your curiosity, lol
 
Have an awesome day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment